There are several forms of oxygen, however the most common and stable form of oxygen is “O2” or diatomic oxygen. Oxygen is a vital element to good health and it’s our primary source of energy. 90% of our energy comes from oxygen and the other 10% comes from food and water. With oxygen enriched air (OEA), the body will metabolize food more efficiently, generate more energy and create a healthier body. Have you ever seen athletes breathing oxygen at a sporting event? Athletes agree oxygen increases their performance, endurance, and energy level. Athletes and athletics require tremendous amounts of oxygen to convert carbohydrates, sugars, fats and proteins into heat and energy required for their high activity level. This conversion process is known as oxidation and what is oxidized (or burned) for the body’s energy are carbohydrates, sugars, fats and proteins. However, oxygen is the “Fuel” required to oxidize all or any of these foods.
Without the presences of oxygen, these foods would oxidize very poorly resulting in a poor cellular reproduction and function, which would cause inadequate production of energy. Since oxygen is the main Fuel required to oxidize your carbohydrates, sugars, fats and proteins into energy, a lack of oxygen will promote an inadequate oxidation process (poor burning of foods), which will result in a lower percentage of your foods being converted into energy and high percentage of your foods turning into fat. The bottom line — “Oxygen is an element that you can live with” and exercise with. You can live three weeks without food, you can live three days without water, try to live three minutes without Oxygen! To read more about how to turn your life around and lead a healthier way of life, see what EWOT (Exercise With Oxygen Therapy) is all about by clicking here.